Thursday, January 03, 2008

Iowa Schmiowa

Although for all of our sake, I usually refrain from political commentary on this light-hearted and rarely controversial blog site, I decided to make an exception today due to the fact that we are in an election year and today was the very important first step in the process of electing a new American President. I am going to give you...wait for it...the official Cum Grano Salis position on all things political.

1. All political candidates are liars and flatterers. The few candidates who may actually posess principles will more than likely be corrupted by the intoxication of power within a month of taking office, and if, by some fluke, they actually try to accomplish anything they had promised to do, they will be thwarted by Congress and the bureaucratic red tape of the American political system.

2. Any Republican loser who wins the nomination would be less horrible than Hillary Clinton.

3. Of the Republican losers, Mike Huckabee is my least favorite because he taking advantage of evangelicals. I am equally unimpressed with evangelicals who are going along with it.

Now you can forego all political commentary between now and November and vote for the guy with the nicest tie on Election Day.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Did you see that Hillary came in third for the Democrats? That was surprising, and good. I was also surprised by Huckabee's popularity. He's come a long way in the last couple of months. All of us evangelicals finally have someone to root for, I guess. I'm still not completely sold on him, but I guess, to put it in your terms, "Any Democratic loser who wins the nomination would be more horrible than Huckabee."

While I've usually taken the "nicest tie" approach, this time I actually want to be more in the know. We'll see how long that lasts!

KarenD said...

I told John I might just vote for whoever has the best stage presence. At least he'll look and sound good even if his policies stink.

(Kidding of course. And yes, I did say "he." I am also glad to see Hillary with less popularity than everyone made her out to have.)

KarenD said...

Whoa, did commenting take a shot because politics were mentioned? Do people not have an opinion or are they just afraid to express it?

I'm one of those who tends to not really have an opinion. Hence, my comments here aren't really saying anything, are they? That's what I feel about the current candidates... they're not really saying anything, are they?

Lindsey said...

Seriously! I was hoping someone would be insulted and start a comment war.